Sunday 3 December 2017

Empties #36 - Makeup Eye Products



The third empties post in this series is the eye makeup products.  This post, thankfully is not as long so click on to read more about these items!





Starting off with the And Other Stories Eyeliner Pencil in Mohair Khaki, I love this colour, dark mossy greens are great on brown eyes (or so I think) but the formula is not the most long-lasting one me.





Covergirl Eyeliner is a dual ended pencil which have nice shades on both sides. They are not the most long-lasting on me and I just never reach for it.





This is a Clinique Chubby Eyeshadow which is clearly so well used that all the writing has rubbed off! I keep trying to wear grey but I really don't think it suits me. Also this is so old, so I am saying goodbye.





Heroine Make Long & Curl Super Waterproof Mascara - I love this, I have repurchased and I think this is one of my holy grail mascaras.

Tarte Gifted Mascara - I actually picked this up because I love the packaging but in real life, it is quite bulky. The mascara is quite separating but because it is not waterproof, my lashes were droopy and by the time I left it to dry out a but, it was really too dry to use properly. I will not repurchase.

Catrice Glam & Doll Volume Waterproof Mascara - This, in my opinion, is an excellent mascara which I have repurchased again and again. My friend Bob, thinks that it causes her eyelashes to droop but it did not do that with mine! I already have back ups of this.

Laura Mercier Mascara -This was actually really nice and I like that it is volumising. I do have to use it with the Etude House Mascara Fixer which helps keep my lashes curled and staying curled.





Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - I did not really see the hype around this. It is not that jet black on me. The tip is a brush tip which I love, and allows really precise flicks and lining but I prefer something darker. People rave about this being very black and dark so maybe I had a dud. I will not repurchase.

Heroine Make Liquid Eyeliner - This was even lighter as a black eyeliner, so it is a no from me. NO.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - This used to be a holy grail eyeliner for me. It is a felt tip liner so towards the end of the lifespan, the tip frays a bit. However, this is super jet black and waterproof. I love it. Nowadays I use the Silkygirl Perfect Matte Liquid Eyeliner which is a fraction of the price, but this is still an excellent pick.

Maybelline Hypersharp Power Black - I bought a duo from Hermo and I was expecting the Maybelline liner to be good but I was not impressed. Again, this was not black or dark enough for me. It has almost a watery look to it. NO. (and yes, I shake all my eyeliners up before usage)





This was the other duo I picked up from Hermo.

The Dejavu Fiberwig mascara was a complete fail. I have no idea if I was using it wrong in some way. There was just nothing, no effect, almost like I was using an empty one.

The Dejavu Eyeliner Pen is really nice. Surprisingly impressive since it has rather bad reviews online. I found it really jet black, the brush tip was precise and I am only saying goodbye because I have used it quite a lot and it is starting to finish.





I am also saying goodbye to this Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. I find the Maybelline ones to be really good and if you find that liquid eyeliner smudges on you, gel eyeliner is probably your way forward. Personally, I am really lazy and gel eyeliners require an additional brush and so it is a bit too much effort for me.





The Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base is the only eyeshadow primer I have tried that I really do not like. I do not think it does much. The doe foot applicator also gives too much product and all in all, I just don't like it. Do not bother, save up for a better product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS