Sunday 17 September 2017

Sephora Points Perk Part 2


Yesterday's blogspot was a feature of all the Sephora point perks items and today we talk about the items I actually purchased! (You can only redeem points with purchases)





If you are interested in these items, check out yesterday's blogpost.





The first item I picked up was the Smashbox Full Exposure Waterproof Mascara.
It claims to stay put for up to 10 hours (checked),
107% increase in curl (wait what?),
96% increase in volume (there was volume alright)
sweat and humidity resistant (check and check)
safe for contact lenses/ophthalmologist-tested (check, although I feel like this is a given?)





I picked up the Smashbox Full Exposure Waterproof mascara because Jen (FrmHeadToToe) loves it and I know she has really straight lashes so I was hoping this would hold a curl up!





Whilst I think the packaging is really beautiful and it feels luxurious (weighty) and is made with much thought and care, the mascara is not repurchase worthy in my opinion.





The brush is too large for my eyes and I am always terrified of poking myself (which has happened with this wand) but more importantly, this does not hold a curl up. So unfortunately, despite the beautiful separation and insane volume, this is not in the keep pile. I will update you if after drying out, the mascara performs better, but please do not hold your breath.





The next purchase is the It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi duo, featuring the Je Ne Sais Quoi Vitality Lip Flush Stain Lipstick and the Je Ne Sais Quoi Vitality Lip Flush Stain Gloss. What a mouthful!





The packaging is not bad, I quite like the lipstick but I think the lip gloss looks less classy than can be.





When brand new, the lipstick is creamy, semi-opaque white and the lip gloss wand is milky pink.





After the initial usage, you can see that the lip gloss wand has a pink end where there is contact with body heat and presumably ph changes!





The bullet of the lipstick also has a pink hue where it has contacted the body.





This is the entirety of the lipstick which you get. I like that the inside of the lipstick when you uncap it, is pink!





Here are the swatches for the two products, lip gloss and lipstick. As you can see the lip gloss gives a more prominent flush. It is different on the lips so I shall do a standalone post as well on this.





Finally, I picked up the Sephora Favourites Beauty Unmasked which was on sale!





It was expiring by August 2018, but that still gave me plenty of time to try all the different items out! There are 7 deluxe sizes of masks altogether.





The Arcona Tea Tree Mask is a surprise find as I really enjoy it. I did not manage to find a full size of this on Sephora's site? This is a really purifying mask.





While I do not love the scent of tea tree, this feels very refreshing on the skin and does not leave it dry or stripped, just clean and fresh!





This is another good find for me. The SkinInc Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is a really nice gel texture on the skin. I use it more as a serum than a standalone hydrating mask. It feels hydrating but not like drenching my skin in hydration so I tend to follow up with oils or other products.  Oily skins would love this for a hydration boost that does not overwhelm!





I already know I love the Fresh Rose Face Mask and this is a complete life saver on sunburnt skin. It is cooling on the face and very hydrating. If you are particularly parched, you can see the mask absorbing into the skin very quickly! Works a treat and I am happy to have another!





The Boscia Luminizing Black Mask has a very big fan based and while I think it is a nice mask (I did find blackheads being pulled out), I was not sure it was as great as some people make it out to be.





It is quite a frightening mask because it is black but it feels really satisfying to peel this off your face. The texture is thicker than the other masks featured because it has to be peeled off.





Do I like this? Yes. Would I purchase a full size? Probably not.





Having already tried the Sephora Marine Algae Sleeping Mask, I already know I like this. It is a nice hydrating mask that you can leave on while sleeping. It is nothing miraculous, and it is not a dupe for the Laneige sleeping mask, but it certainly is hydrating. The travel size also means it is good for taking on planes!





The Caudalie Instant Detox Mask has been on my list of things to try but I did not get around to it so I am happy to have one to try. I love caudalie as a brand as they produce skincare that is really powerful without being overly expensive. I also love the concept behind the brand.







The pink-red clay dries quite quickly but does not feel tight even when dry, and washes off easily. Very promising!




Finally we have the Dr. Jart Vital Hydra Solution masj, I have yet to try this, but basically I love clay masks and I love hydrating masks. I feel that we can never have enough hydration for the skin and I look forward to trying this out!


That is all I picked up from Sephora this round and I am quite pleased with the amount I received for the amount I spent (thank to all the points redemptions!) Have you tried any of these? Which are your favourites?














No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS