Saturday 5 August 2017

Sephora gifts


A quick weekend back to KL and I stopped by Sephora for a few items. These were gifts from the parents, which make them that bit extra special!





Apart from the one skincare item and it was actually picked up at the aisle of doom/checkout counter, the rest were items I have been meaning to try for a while now!





The fresh beauty brand is one which out of everything I have tried so far, I really enjoy most of them. I cannot resist a clay mask and the new Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask looks promising!





The Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Lip Booster has been sold out online for a while now. It did come back into stock and I was trying to decide if it was worth the money and if I wanted the coloured version or the colourless version.





I ended up picking the shade 01 which is the coloured version because I have a few colourless lip balm which are amazing such as the By Terry Baume De Rose and the Fresh lip treatments.






The doe foot applicator of this is quite big and reminds me a little of the Clarins Lip Oils.





It somewhat surprisingly(given the size) picks up just the right amount of product for the top and bottom lip in one go.





The product applies lightly to the lips and do not feel tacky or sticky at all. It also has the slightest tint of pink which naturally enhances the lip colour. There is a slight shine to the product, not like a gloss but not just a satin finish lipstick either.







The slight shine which is better captured in this photo, actually helps the lips to look naturally healthy and pouty. I have been using this non stop and the slight scent of it is neither overwhelming, nor off putting. I really love this product!





Another lip treatment I picked up is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Perfecting Wand. I actually picked up an extra as a birthday present because I have a friend who is a Fresh fanatic.





The formula in the wand feels similar to the pump one which they sell. This is of course more portable, does not require you to pump out onto your fingers to apply onto lips.





The application part is also interesting in that it has little scrubby looking nodules which Fresh claims to help exfoliate the lips and bring extra flow of blood when you massage it, making the lips look plumper and healthier.





You are also able to see the product come up through the translucent part of the silicone head.





And voila! Product for you to apply onto your lips! Having tried this on one half of my lips, I can confirm this does make a difference. The tip is more massaging than proper exfoliating as I find that if I have dry skin bits they will not come off, they just get moved around. The lips do look a lot plumper and smoother after using this. It is a really handy product on the go but the price tag makes it a little hard to justify!





Finally we have a makeup item which of course is another lip product.





The Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat is a beautiful warm nude shade.





The packaging is sleep and nice, but like all matte liquid lipsticks, the shade applied tends to look a little darker/oxidised compared to the colour in the tube.





The doe foot applicator actually has a hole in the middle which seems to better hold onto product, making it able to hold enough product for me to not have to double dip the wand for a complete coverage of the lips.





I really love this shade and it reminds me of the Kat Von D Ever Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare. I plan to do a comparison post on the two so stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS