Thursday 20 July 2017

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Ballerina



The Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator has been making rounds in the beauty community because of the beautiful design that the brand has promised, last through the product and is not the top pattern sort of thing.






There were 3 shades available in the Ulta I visited and I must say I gravitated towards Ballerina solely on the shade name. I felt like I could not buy anything else when there is a shade called Ballerina!






The shade did worry me slightly as it looks darker than my usual choice of highlighters and definitely more of a golden peachy shade. I tend to favour pinkier golds on my complexion.






However I am pleased to note that I can make this work. Using a lighter hand, this is more of an illuminating highlight than a strobing highlight. I like that it is natural without disappearing yet beautiful without being shouty. There is no glitter and it feels quite like a creamy powder. I do have to use a light hand because if I pile it on it starts looking really quite obvious as it is slightly darker than my skintone.





One thing I will note is that the packaging feels quite cheap. I did not realise this in pictures but the plastic cover is slightly dome-shaped which makes it harder to store and the plastic feels really cheap, which is a shame as the product housed in the plastic container is so beautiful and deserving of better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS