Saturday 31 October 2015

October Favourites


These are a few of my favourite things 








Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm + NYX Butter Gloss in 01 Strawberry Parfait
Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm + NYX Butter Gloss in 01 Strawberry Parfait
Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm
I have previously done a comparison post between Lanolips and Dr PawPaw, but at the moment I am really enjoying Lanolips. I love the fact that it soothes and repairs my cracked/chapped lips, and I can use it on my hands, cuticles and just everywhere! Some days when my hair is super crazy and I don't have anything else, I will warn a little bit between my fingertips and de-frizz my hair with it. I have quite a few Lanolips products and I really like the brand as a whole, the only product I did not get along with is the Antibacterial Hand Cream, you can read it HERE. The original ointment is still the one I rate as the multipurpose factor is a big selling point!

NYX Butter Gloss in 01 Strawberry Parfait
This is my lip colour of choice. Every time I go to choose a lip product, I have to actively look for another lipstick or lip gloss because my initial choice is always this! It smells like edible vanilla and the sheer wash of pink is super flattering. I have actually been so impressed with these that I want to go look for more shades and check out the Soft Matte Lip Creams. See more swatches on this colour HERE.




 Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum + Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil
Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum + Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil
Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum
This is a really lovely serum and it has gone straight to the HG list alongside the Caudalie Polyphenol Serum. I like how liquidy it is and it sinks into the skin rather quickly. It does not feel just like water, and I can actually see a slight improvement to my skin (I do not have any real issue with my skin at the moment) but it definitely helped it move towards normal and my skin looked smoother.
If you want to read more about it, I have done a post on it and you can read it HERE.

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil
This is a repurchase and I absolutely rate this as one of the best facial oils if you have any issues. Clarins labels the oils as treatment oils because they are designed to help combat dryness, dehydration or oiliness. The Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil is designed to rebalance oily skin and it does this in the most gentle, effective way. I do not experience any dryness or tightness of skin, simply hydrated, nourished skin which is less oily. LOVE.





Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue + Clarins Instant Concealer
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue

I was so sure that I would not like this because it is actually aimed at people with dry-normal skin and I have more normal-combination skin. However, I find that I can wear this and the sheer coverage is perfect for my preference and some days I will powder for a more matte T zone but most days I actually just wear this as it is and it leaves my skin looking quite fresh. Read more about this product HERE but one thing is for sure, I keep trying to use other bases but I love this so much that I am already saving up to get another bottle when this runs out!

Clarins Instant Concealer
I once was sure this was too fair for me but I realise that if I blend with a brush rather than just patting it in with my fingers, this sheers out but still has enough coverage for under the eyes and for me to reverse contour! I actually really like how easy it blends and this month I've been loving reverse contouring for a cleaner, non-muddy, yet chiselled look and this Clarins Instant Concealer has been my weapon of choice!




Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown
I never quite understood the hype around dark brown eyeliner and felt that black suited me best because of my almost black hair, eyelashes and eyebrows! However, a quick foray proved me wrong once again and I realised that I absolutely love the softness dark brown eyeliners give! Although Maybelline offers an excellent one at a good price point, it does not last half as long as this Stila offering, which then makes the Stila one better value for money! The tip has not gone funny on me and it has stayed sharp while dispensing plenty of product despite all my usage. I now see why this is a must-have for so many people!




GHD V Gold Classic Styler
GHD V Gold Classic Styler

GHD V Gold Classic Styler 
GHD V Gold Classic Styler
GHD V Gold Classic Styler
Since I have cut my hair (stay tune as I have a blog post coming up on that) I have been using my GHD quite a lot to style my hair and I really have fallen for it. I have tried other hair straighteners, ones that people swear are dupes but I really find these to be the best.
I have not tried T3 or other expensive brands because I know GHD works and this is what I stick to for my hair!
GHD V Gold Classic Styler
GHD V Gold Classic Styler





Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
This beautiful blush has made it into the list of Favourite Five Blushes and although I may do an updated post, Benefit Dandelion is sure to make the list once again. I simply love how versatile this is!
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
The brush can be used to apply the powder as blush or dust all over the face to brighten the face while the little mirror helps with any blush application and more crucially, eyeliner flicks when you're on the go! All of this in a little dainty box!
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion
Benefit Box O'Powder in Dandelion

What are your favourites this month?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS