Wednesday 25 March 2015

A Beautiful Mind at Harvey Nichols

I went to Harvey Nichols last night to attend the "A Beautiful Mind" event which had a whole host of amazing women on the panel!
There was the founder of BeautyMart Anna-Marie Solowij
Eyeko's founder Nina Leykind
Nail's Inc founder Thea Green
The Sunday Time Style journalist Edwinaingschambers
Ruth from AModelRecommends
Caroline THE CAROLINE HIRONS (how can you not know her)


The tickets cost £30 each, I went with the lovely Sarah Marie and somehow did not take any pictures... what is wrong with me.


We did each get a goodybag which included all these lovely items, ranging from skincare to makeup and perfume.
There was an array of brands, including Dermalogica, OPI, Elemis, BareMinerals, Clarins, Lancome, YSL, Versace, Espa, Benefit and a voucher for a free facial and skin analysis!

These all came in a little book like box, which has quotes on it. I will be keeping this box to keep my make up and all as it is really pretty!

Sarah Marie being an absolute babe, helped me take pictures while I fan-girled away!

Ruth was really beautiful and this photo does not do her justice at all.
Anna was SO nice, she also shared some tips with me, which I will tell you all now! "Wear heels when you meet the Pixiwoo sisters as they are really tall!"
Caroline was her usual no nonsense and she actually recognised me and that really really made my day!


I did ask a question to the panel, which was "If you could only have one brand for the rest of your life for skincare and makeup, what would it be?"

Let me first tell you, I almost got murdered for this question, but my point is to find out which company they had the most faith in if they were not allowed all the different arrays available!

Anna-Marie Solowij : Three (japanese skincare brand unavailable in UK) Mac Cosmetics for the colour range
Nina Leykind : Eyeko for makeup, refuses to play ball for skincare
Thea Green : Refuses to play ball as the whole point of beauty is the choices available (which I agree! but it is just a game)
Edwinaingschambers : Laspo for skincare (okay, I could not hear clearly and after various googling I am really unsure, but it is a pricey range) and Charlotte Tilbury for makeup
Anna Gardner : Oskia skincare (no surprises here) and Charlotte Tilbury makeup
Ruth Crilly : Alpha H skincare and Dior makeup
Caroline Hirons : Tata Harper for cleansers and Zelens for serums (CHEATING); Estée Lauder for bases and Charlotte Tilbury for colour (still cheating)


I found it really interesting that Charlotte Tilbury came up 3 times and obviously this makes me want to try the brand even more! I genuinely enjoyed the night and it was really fun and informative!


Here is the makeup of the night (I got changed to jeans and a flowy top)

 Here are the products used for the look


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS