Friday 6 February 2015

Fav Five - Face Masks

I do love a good pampering session at home.

Now while it is extremely nice to have a session at the spa, most of us neither have the time, nor money to make it a constant thing. On the other hand, at home spas can be a real luxury and even 10 minutes of "me time" can really boost one's mood.

One of the more important aspects of "me time" is face mask time.

Today, I share my Top 5 with you.
 This is only 3 of the 5 as I currently (very sadly) do not have the other 2 and am trying to finish up the other masks I own!









Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask
I love this stuff, it is easy to smooth over, easy to remove, and the self-heating is gentle and lovely rather than full on burning off of the face. This is available at Boots, making it an easily accesible decently priced option!



Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
I have not been using this as much this year, but I do really like how soft and smooth it leaves my skin. It has a jam like consistency and smells incredibly yummy and fruity. A treat!


Clarins Pure and Radiant Mask
This is one of my favourite masks and having used the GlamGlow Mask, I actually prefer this little green tube, and that is saying something. It works, it smells really pleasant, like all Clarins product, and it has pink clay. An all-round winner in my eyes.
(I stole this picture from an old blog post of mine)


Lush Mask of Magnaminty
(No pic)
I love this mask partly because it is a dual purpose mask. I use it for my back more than I use it on my actual face, and I love the powerful mint feeling. It feels really detoxifying and because it is Lush, it is natural and not tested on animals. I tend to have this always in my stash.
I am sorry I do not have a picture of this, I tried to copy it from an old post but failed,but it comes in Lush's bog standard black pot!

Lush Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask
I love this mask because it doubles up as a scrub. It is gentle, non-abrasive and just smells like lavender. I use this well past the "expiry date" which probably means it is not as effective but I do check for mould... Yes, I know it is gross, but it has no preservatives and I really cannot use it in time. I scrape the top off if it looks a little funny.


I realise I have said I love this a lot in this post, but I am a crazy mask lady and to narrow it down to 5 was not the easiest. I also like the Soap&Glory Fab Pore one but it did not make the Top 5/ Fab Five list. GlamGlow in my opinion, was really good, but not quite worth that amount of money when you have all these amazing options.
Favourite of the lot isthe Clarins, and I do prefer detoxifying and purifying masks over the rest.
Tell me what your recommendations are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS