Thursday 31 July 2014

Cheat: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers



If there is one thing I can't leave the house with... it would be curled eyelashes. I am not blessed with world's best eyelashes as they are the typical asian's problem, "The Straight Stick Lashes". We could write a whole other post about the How-To's but today, I'd like to focus on beauty's most adored iconic/holy grail eye lash curlers: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, £20.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler 
I've had gone through my fair share of eyelash curlers and after years of slaying through the market, these bad boys (or girls) is the one for me (and Christabel). Those who are in agreement with us (and have gone through the rubber pads) will know that the Eyelash curlers come with 2 pads. And once you have exhausted both of them, you will have to buy a new set of eyelash curlers. Shu Uemura do not offer replacement pads to buy on its own - Boo! *hiss*

Clearly time for a replacement
Overused Shu Uemura 


























Comparison of the the two
Despite how ergonomic and steady the eyelash curlers feel, the curler pads are mostly responsible for those precision curls. That's because the pad is not flat but instead rounded or  'mushroom' as the company described. I have gone through 2 sets of eyelash curlers and have now exhausted the last pad and I can't bear the thought of spending another £20 for my third pair! 

Today, my prayers were answered when I was cleaning up my house. I have found the solution to this problem. I can save you ladies: £19.05!!!! And all you have to do is purchase this.

Replaced with Muji Pads
No more impression 













Natural ' Stick Straight' Eyelashes
Curled with Shu Uemura (with Muji Replacement pads)
Both Curled with Mascara and a bit of eyeliner

So there you have it. My biggest beauty bargain in 2014 for now. Have you found other replacement pads that work equally as well? Do let me know if you have down in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS